Posted on February 4th, 2010 | Categories: Beauty Tips
Achieving healthy hair is much easier with a few essential guidelines. The following are five of the most basic healthy hair tips that can help you get softer, more manageable hair:
1) Be gentle when using heat on your hair. Heat-styling is shine-killer, so whenever possible, allow hair to air dry naturally. If air drying is not an option, set your styling tools on a low setting. If you can let your hair partially air dry, you can at least eliminate a large portion of the heat styling, which will be that much better for your hair.
2) Limit the use of hair sprays and gels containing alcohol. These products will ultimately leave your hair dry and brittle. Anti-frizz serum is a great alternative to gel. The serum will smooth your hair and leave it shiny and manageable.
3) Avoid shampooing your hair every day. Shampoo strips away natural oils from the scalp, robbing your hair of shine. Ideally, hair should be washed every 3 days or so, depending on how dry or oily your hair tends to be. Brush hair every day to distribute the natural oils to the ends of you hair.
photo credit: kelsey_lovefusionphoto
4) Utilize natural hair remedies. For example, extra virgin olive oil can work miracles on dry, unruly hair. Adding a few drops to your normal conditioner will leave your hair silky smooth. Olive oil can also be used on clean, damp hair as a serum. Simply rub a few drops between your palms, and apply to you hair before styling.
5) Deep conditioning is one of the most effective hair care tips to keep hair healthy. To dramatically improve the look and feel of your hair, use a deep conditioner once a week. Avoid rinsing with hot water if possible. Instead, rinse with cool water to seal the hair cuticle and improve shine. A deep conditioner helps to protect your hair, keep it flexible and strong so that you have less breakage in between treatments.
These tips for healthy hair can be adjusted depending on your hair’s unique type, texture, and style. Nurture your hair, and the payoff will be healthy, shiny locks that you can be proud of.
You may also want to join our mailing list.
Tags:If you liked this post, you may also like:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function related_posts() in /home/sokissa/public_html/wp-content/themes/brightside/single.php on line 73