MAC: Alice + Olivia Collection
Release Date: July 8th, 2010
International: August 2010 (Japan and Korea only)
Alice + Olivia is a small but fun collection inspired by the fashion line of the same name. This is not one of those collections that is so dizzyingly large that you don’t know where to begin. Instead it consists of a few carefully selected items that are easy to get to know and equally easy to love.
Pigment lovers will rejoice in the three new shades that are coming out with Alice + Olivia. Later is unlike any other pigment MAC has come out with so far- a black with purple shimmer that is perfect as a crease color or wet as a liner. Partylicious is another color that can’t be matched by any pigment you already own. This one is turquoise with silver shimmer. If It Sparkles is a bit more familiar. This white with pink pearl shade immediately calls to mind Pink Opal Pigment.
Dazzleglass Cremes are back with three shades that are worth a closer look. If It’s Pink is a pearly hot pink that is sure to get noticed. Sparklicious is a pearly milky pink shade that is subtle yet different enough to warrant purchasing as it would look great on top of many different lipstick colors. I.Want.Candy is a pearly yellow but don’t let its yellow appearance scare you off. It’s actually prettier and more subdued on the lips, much in the same way that Spring Bean Lustreglass was anything but green once applied.
The three Nail Lacquers in Alice + Olivia are nothing like traditional nail polish colors. If you never stray from red or pink polish, you probably won’t give these a second look. And that would be a very big mistake. The shimmery bright purple So Rich So Pretty is unconventional without being gaudy. Morning.After is a turquoise polish that is neither too blue nor too green, making it a great starting point for someone who wants to step outside their comfort zone. For the really adventurous, there is the silvery-black Military polish.
Alice + Olivia is full of great colors that push the limits but are still fairly easy to pull off. Don’t judge these shades by how they look in the containers. Give them a try at your MAC counter and you will probably be very pleasantly surprised.
Dazzleglass Creme ($18.00 US / $21.50 CDN)
* If it’s Pink… – Hot pink with soft multi-dimensional pearlized pigments (Limited Edition)
* I.Want.Candy. – Hot yellow with soft multi-dimensional pearlized pigments (Limited Edition)
* Sparklicious – Creamy pale pinky white with soft multi-dimensional pearlized pigments (Limited Edition)
Pigment ($19.50 US/$23.50 CDN)
* If It Sparkles… – White with transforming pink pearlized pigments (Limited Edition)
* Later. – Black with transforming purple pearlized pigments (Limited Edition)
* Partylicious – Turquoise with silver pearlized pigments (Limited Edition)
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 U.S. / $14.50 CDN)
* Morning.After. – Creamy turquoise (Cream) (Limited Edition)
* So Rich So Pretty – Bright purple with pearlized pigments (Frost) (Limited Edition)
* Military – Black matte with silver suede pearl (Matte with Pearl) (Limited Edition)