Posted on December 11th, 2009 | Categories: MAC Cosmetics, MAC Cosmetics Accessories, MAC Cosmetics Beauty Powder, MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow, MAC Cosmetics Limited Edition Collections, MAC Cosmetics Lipstick, MAC Cosmetics Makeup Bags, MAC Cosmetics Nail Lacquer, MAC Cosmetics Powder Blush
Release Date: March 11, 2010
US: March 11, 2010
International: April 2010
The very latest in a series of famous M?A?Collaborations, it was only a matter of time before the demure-to-daring kaleidoscopic prints of Liberty of London coloured our world with Brit wit and bohemian chic. From the unstudied, Sienna Miller style of Spitalfields Market to the grit-and-glamour of Portobello Road, the swinging London girl has always been an unstoppable M·A·C makeup force! Spring 2010 insists on the ultimate flower fusion, with M?A?C joining forces with Liberty, creating cool Britannia compacts and Lipsticks, Eye Shadows, Powder, Blush, Nail Lacquers and, of course – blushing, bountiful, quite British accessories.
The first thing about this Liberty of London inspired collection that jumps out at you is the packaging. This packaging has a bird and floral theme that is black and white in some places with splashes of color thrown in.
Frankly Fresh lipglass is a true nude lip gloss that isn’t too brown or boring. It’s more of a peachy nude that is slightly pearly and a great color for spring. This pairs well with the Peachstock Satin lipstick that is also offered. Ever Hip Cremesheen is a pretty coral lipstick that has a lot of pink to it for those who can’t pull off peach.
For the eyes, there is the Give Me Liberty of London matte pink eyeshadow as well as a repromote of Dame’s Desire from the Dame Edna collection which is a very fun frosty medium violet shade that fits in well with this collection. One of the prettiest items is the Birds & Berries Veluxe Pearl shadow. It’s a deep blue green color that is more green than blue with a bit of frost. It should come as no surprise that this, like most everything here, is limited edition. You can get almost the same shade in nail polish form in the Blue India Nail Lacquer.
There are also two makeup bags that feature the Liberty of London design. They come in small and medium sizes and have a zipper closure with a big flower pull. A rather expensive white scarf decorated with large red, orange, blue and green flowers rounds out this collection.
The items in Liberty of London do a great job of evoking imagery of London with the names and shades. The packaging is sure to start conversations while still being distinctly MAC-like.
Eyeshadow ($14.50 US/$17.50 CDN)
* Birds & Berries – Frosted dark green blue (Veluxe Pearl) (LE)
* Bough Grey – Mid-tone bluish grey (Satin) (LE)
* Dame’s Desire – Frosty mid-tone reddish purple (Frost) (LE) (Repromote)
* Free to Be – Creamy true coral (Matte) (LE)
* Give Me Liberty of London – Flat creamy pink (Matte) (LE)
Lipstick($14.00 US/$16.50 CDN)
* Blooming Lovely – Creamy greyed lilac mauve (Amplified) (LE)
* Ever Hip – Creamy light coral (Cremesheen) (LE)
* Peachstock – Neutral peach (Satin) (PRO)
* Petals & Peacocks – Creamy bright magenta pink (Amplified) (LE)
Lipglass ($14.00 US/$16.50 CDN)
* A Different Groove – Deep purple brown with pearl (LE)
* English Accents – Creamy mid-tone blue pink (LE)
* Frankly – Fresh Neutral pink beige with soft pearl (LE)
* Perennial – High Style Creamy bright pink coral (LE)
Beauty Powder ($25.00 US/$30.00 CDN)
A glossy white compact of MAC’s famous beauty powder. The lid is decorated with a flower and bird pattern created especially for the Give Me Liberty of London collection. Limited edition.
* Shell Pearl – Pale peach with gold pearl (LE) (Repromote)
* Summer Rose – Soft violet pink with pearl (LE) (Repromote)
Powder Blush ($18.50 US/$22.00 CDN)
* Dirty Plum – Sheer dark plum (LE)
* Prim & Proper – Neutral nude (LE)
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 US/$14.50 CDN)
* Blue India – Dark green blue with pearl (Cream) (LE)
* Vestral White – Creamy white (Cream) (LE) (Repromote)
* Small – 8? x 2.75? x 3.5? ($22.00 US/$26.50 CDN)
* Medium – 8? x 2.75? x 5?. ($25.00 US/$31.00 CDN)
* Liberty of London Scarf – Coral, orange, yellow and blue, wool/viscose blend. Made in Italy. ($95.00 U.S. / $115.00 CDN)
You may also want to join our mailing list.
- MAC: Euristocrats Collection
- MAC: Euristocrats II Collection
- Questions about Becoming a Makeup Artist and/or Working for MAC!
- Quick Makeup for the Gym
- Crest Whitestrips Premium Plus Whitening System Samples
- MAC: False Lashes Mascara Collection
- All Day Eyeshadow
- Websites: Skincare
- Seven Tips for Kissable Lips
- Free Samples of Dove Daily Treatment Conditioners