Posted on June 8th, 2010 | Categories: Uncategorized
Release Date: July 8th, 2010
International: August 2010
Excitement for MAC’s In The Groove collection began to mount pretty much as soon as it was announced. The reason for all the hype is the re-release of the highly coveted Stereo Rose Mineralize Skinfinish. This shimmery dark coral powder seems to be universally flattering. It suits fair skin when applied with a light hand and a heavier application gives darker skin a beautiful pink glow. This product was a limited edition release in Gold Play several years ago and has been commanding a high price tag in second-hand sales ever since. Finally everyone will get a chance to go to their MAC counter and pay retail for it.
That being said, there is really so much more to In The Groove than just Stereo Rose so if you have already tried it and aren’t a fan, your pocketbook isn’t necessarily safe. In fact, Stereo Rose is just one of several Mineralize Skinfinishes that MAC has dug out from the archives for this collection. Petticoat, Comfort, and By Candlelight are a few other shades you may want to pick up while you can.
Mineralize Blushes and Mineralize Eye Shadow Trios also play a big role in In The Groove. Of the five limited edition blush duos, New Vibe is the easy favorite with touches of bronze to complement the rosy pink color. There are enough Mineralize Skinfinish Eye Shadow Trios to set the hearts of MAC shadow fans aflutter. Girls with lighter eyes will find the shades in Togetherness very flattering- a purple, grey, and lavender that look soft and elegant together. The green and beige shades in Calm, Cool, & Collected seem like they were custom made to help brown eyes pop.
The other big story in In The Groove is the limited edition Cremesheen Glasses. On the Scene is a pretty coral that is toned down with enough beige to make it wearable by people who want to wear coral but can never quite pull it off. Fashion Whim is a soft beige that is great for creating a nude lip look or toning down lipstick that is too bright.
Completing the collection are several new Cremesheen Lipsticks as well as some repromoted Powerpoints. The pearly purple Permaplum is one of those eyeliners everyone should own. One of the cremesheen lipsticks, All Styled Up, is a yellow-based pink which is perfect for those who can’t pull off cool-toned pinks as most lipsticks tend to be.
With so many products and colors to choose from, this is one of those collections that most MAC junkies will need to either budget for or avoid their MAC counters altogether during its release.
* All Styled Up – Bright yellow pink (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)
* Call My Bluff – Mid-tone creamy coffee (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)
* Creme de Nude – Pale muted peach beige (Cremesheen) (Permanent)
* Go For It – Mid-tone blue purple (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)
* I Like It Like That – Deep Blue pink (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)
* Jazzed – Bright coral pink (Cremesheen) (Limited Edition)
* Chillin’ – Light white blue (Limited Edition)
* Fashion Whim – Light Beige (Limited Edition)
* Going Casual – Sheer lilac (Limited Edition)
* On the Scene – Light Coral beige (Limited Edition)
* Right Image – Mid-tone blue pink (Limited Edition)
* You’ve Got It – Mid-tone silver grey (Limited Edition)
Mineralize Eye Shadow (Trio) ($19.50 U.S. / $23.50 CDN)
* Blue My Mind – Satin light blue/Pearly deep teal/Satin black (Limited Edition)
* Calm, Cool, & Collected – Satin deep green/Pearly green/Satin beige (Limited Edition)
* Fresh & Easy – Satin pink/Pearly burgundy/Satin grey (Limited Edition)
* In the Groove – Satin green/Pearly burgundy/Satin coral (Limited Edition)
* Love to Love – Satin beige/Pearly Bronze/Satin Brown (Limited Edition)
* Making It Easy – Satin red brown/Pearly beige rose/Satin dark beige (Limited Edition)
* Style Influencer – Satin silver/Pearly deep blue/Satin deep mauve brown (Limited Edition)
* Soften the Mood – Satin light brown/Pearly rose/Satin light blue (Limited Edition)
* Togetherness – Satin lavender/Pearly purple/Satin grey (Limited Edition)
Powerpoint Eye Pencil
* Navy Stain – Royal blue with shimmer (Permanent)
* Permaplum – Deep plum with pink shimmer (Permanent)
* Stubborn Brown – Deep Rich Brown (Permanent)
Zoom Lash Mascara ($13.00 U.S. / $15.50 CDN)
* Zoomblack – Rich Black (Permanent)
* By Candlelight – Golden pink (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
* Stereo Rose – Coral with golden/bronze shimmering nuances (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
* Comfort – Golden bronze (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
* Petticoat – Pale rose with gold and amber veining (Frost) (Limited Edition) (Repromote)
Mineralize Blush Duo
* Happy Together – Satin caramel/Pearly beige (Limited Edition)
* A Little Bit of Sunshine – Satin light brown/Pearly beige (Limited Edition)
* Hang Loose – Satin bright pink/Pearly lavender (Limited Edition)
* Band of Roses – Satin blue pink/Pearly light plum (Limited Edition)
* New Vibe – Satin deep rose/Pearly bronze (Limited Edition)
* 187 Brush
You may also want to join our mailing list.
Tags:If you liked this post, you may also like:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function related_posts() in /home/sokissa/public_html/wp-content/themes/brightside/single.php on line 73