MAC’s colour liquid eye liner. A rich liner that provides long-lasting wear as well as a non-smudge, non-flake precision line. Goes on effortlessly. Comes with its own brush for easy application. This unique formula and brush allows you to draw a perfectly defined line. Liquidlast liner is available in a wide range of both classic and trend shades.
|Auto-Orange||Pearl||Rusted copper with pearl||R|
|Aqualine||Pearl||Bright teal with gold pearl||R|
|Blue-Horizon||Pearl||Mid-tone blue with pearl||R|
|Brassbeat||Pearl||Antique brown with copper and white pearl||R|
|Classic Cream||White gold||R|
|Coco Bar||Deep chocolate brown||R|
|Disc Black||Pearl||Lead grey with pink pearl||R|
|Dress Khaki||Pearl||Khaki green with yellow pearl||R|
|Electrolady||Pearl||Electric purple with red pearl||R|
|Fuchsia-ism||Pearl||Clean mid-tone fuchsia pearl||R|
|Greenplay||Pearl||Clean yellow-green with pearl||R|
|Inkspill||Pearl||Deep green with green pearl||R|
|Inky||Pearl||Navy blue with low-level pearl||R|
|Molten Sol||Rich gold with intense metallic||LE|
|Pinkcraft||Pearl||Vintage pink with red pearl||LE|
|Point Black||True black||R|
|Pop Iris||Pearl||Clean mid-tone violet with pink pearl||R|
|Powerplum||Pearl||Deep plum with red pearl||R|
Wedding Eye Makeup Tips
When it comes to your wedding, eye makeup can be a tricky subject. Brides need to rely on makeup that will last all day. Plus, with tears of happiness that may or may not decide to make an appearance, no bride wants to deal with running mascara or eyeliner. Here are a few wedding eye makeup tips to help you get a perfect look that will last.
Consider Eyelash Extensions for Your Wedding Day
Lash extensions allow you to have long, gorgeous lashes – without the worry of your mascara running if you happen to get emotional on your special day. I used to look down on eyelash extensions because, honestly, I really liked my natural lashes and thought many of the sets of lash extensions looked fake. Nowadays, you can get lash extensions that look completely natural and blend with your real lashes.
I finally tried extensions last year. Let me tell you, I am absolutely sold. You can create just about any look you like. There are all sorts of lengths, shades, types and shapes. Just be sure to go to someone who has a lot of experience and can apply them correctly. And, for your bridal look, someone who can do more of a natural looking application. Also, we recommended you try them out a month or so before your wedding so you have time to get used to them beforehand.
photo credit: rr_graphic_design
Choose a Fool-proof Eye Liner
There are a number of eye liners that will look beautiful for your wedding day makeup look. The point here is to choose wisely. Many liners fade quickly or wash away easily with just a little moisture. You want a liner that won’t budge. Quite a few eye liner formulas that will do the trick. A waterproof liner may be a good option. Or, if you know of a liner you love that doesn’t run, that may be your best bet.
Our recommendation? MAC’s Liquidlast Liner is a lifesaver. It does require an oil-based makeup remover when you’re ready to take it off, but until then it stays put. It comes in a variety of shades. Our favorite is Point Black for a more classic look, or Coco Bar or Brassbeat for a more natural look. When I spend a day at the lake, I pair this MAC Liquidlast eye liner with lash extensions for an all day look that won’t wash away, even with a cannon ball into the water.
When your bridal makeup is the least of your worries, you can spend your energy on more important things, like debating with your mom regarding her potential mother of the bride outfits. And we all know, with many a mother, that is no easy task!
A Beginner’s Overview of MAC Eyeliners
No matter what type of eyeliner you prefer, you can probably find the perfect formula and color somewhere in MAC’s extensive eyeliner range. From traditional liner pencils to kohl pencils, liquid liners, and gels, no one can walk away from a MAC counter and honestly say they couldn’t find a liner they liked.
Pencil wearers can choose from traditional Pencil Liners, soft Eye Kohl pencils and their more intense cousins the Kohl Power Eye Pencils, the mechanical pencil-style Technakohl Liner, and the long lasting cult favorite Powerpoint Eye Pencils. The Powerpoints are absolutely budge-proof. Permaplum is a very rich metallic purple that is dark enough to look natural. It also has a pink shimmer but don’t be put off by that. It’s not noticeable but instead has the effect of making the liner look multi-dimensional.
For those who never have any luck with pencils, there are a number of liquid options. Liquid Eye Liner is a standard liquid liner whereas Penultimate Eye Liner is a liquid liner with a pen tip. MAC’s Liquidlast Liner is a very long-wearing liquid liner with a brush applicator that stays on even through a day at the beach or after some serious crying. Not only does it not run, it also doesn’t flake, which is pretty impressive for a liquid liner. In fact, when it’s time to remove it, plan on expending an extra effort with a waterproof eye makeup remover. It comes in a lot of fun colors that can be hard to find in liquid liners, such as the teal-colored Aqualine.
photo credit: ookikioo
Fluidlines are the best of both worlds. They are gel liners that look soft and smooth like a pencil but without the hassle of sharpening. The Fluidlines do not smudge and come in cute little glass pots. You have a lot of control over the application because you can use whatever brush you want depending on the desired outcome. Blitz & Glitz is a classic black with a golden pearl twist. It seems almost impossible to go through an entire pot, but be sure to cap the lid tightly to avoid drying out the gel.
With so many great options, the only problem you will have when buying a MAC Eyeliner is narrowing down your selection!
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner
[See the rest of our How to Apply Makeup series for beginners.]
Learning how to apply eyeliner is an essential step in pulling your look together. Properly applied eyeliner can help define your eyes and give a polished look. However, if you’re not careful, it can easily transform your appearance from classy to trashy. Here are instructions on how to apply pencil eyeliner for a pretty, natural look:
1. Color selection plays a big role in the final outcome. For everyday looks, brown is the most natural color for most people. However, if your hair is very dark, you can get away with black. Charcoal is another nice, universal option. If your eyes are green, a dark plum will make them pop.
2. Begin with the upper lid and a sharpened pencil. You need a heavier hand and a sharper tip for the upper lid. After using the pencil on your upper lids, the tip will soften a bit, making it perfect for lining the lower lid. If your pencil is very hard or waxy, warm it slightly with your fingers or hot water so it will glide better.
photo credit: Green Heat
3. Place the tip at the inner corner of your upper eyelid as close to the lash line as possible. Begin where your eyelashes begin or about one-fourth of the way in. Follow the lash line with the pencil all the way to the outer corner. As you reach the outer corner, you can press harder to make the line a little darker and thicker as it goes out.
4. Repeat this process on the lash line underneath the eye, but use a much lighter touch and work from the outside in. Remember the line should be thickest at the outside so gently lighten your touch as you work inward. Stop about three-fourths of the way toward your nose. Then grab a cotton swab and use it to lightly blend the line, starting from the inner corner and working outward, so that it looks more like a shadow than an obvious line.
5. You can connect the top and bottom lines on the outer corner of the eye, but don’t do this on the inner corners or it will make your eyes appear smaller. Regardless of how much eyeliner you apply, be sure it is even and blended – not rough and jagged. You can use an small, angled flat brush to smooth out any problem areas.