Posted on February 27th, 2010 | Categories: MAC Cosmetics, MAC Cosmetics Accessories, MAC Cosmetics Bronze Body Oil, MAC Cosmetics Bronzing Powder, MAC Cosmetics Cream Bronzer, MAC Cosmetics Eye Liners, MAC Cosmetics Eyeshadow, MAC Cosmetics Highlight Powder, MAC Cosmetics Limited Edition Collections, MAC Cosmetics Lip Pencil, MAC Cosmetics Lipglass, MAC Cosmetics Lipstick, MAC Cosmetics Lipsticks, MAC Cosmetics Lustre Drops, MAC Cosmetics Makeup Brushes, MAC Cosmetics Nail Lacquer, MAC Cosmetics Powder Blush, MAC Cosmetics-Eye Kohl
Release Date: May 27, 2010
International: May 2010
Asia: June 2010
MAC’s To The Beach collection is filled with the sort of items you might expect to find in a summer collection – bronzes and bright colors that look great against tanned skin. Most of us find that the colors we’ve been wearing all winter just don’t look right once we start spending more time outdoors in the summer. MAC comes to the rescue once again with great selections in eye shadow, lipstick, and bronzers.
Everything in this collection features special beach-themed packaging. At first the green eyeshadow pots with white seashells outlined on the front are a bit jarring and almost look like they are not even from MAC. But these cases and the similar green blush compacts with their starfish design actually do have their charm. In fact, it’s fun to pull these out when you’re putting on your makeup and it also makes it easier to find the new summer shades among the sea of black shadow pots you probably have swimming in your makeup drawer. The Sweet & Punch shadow is a fun color that reminds me of key limes. It’s a festive shade perfect for an outdoor lunch or lounging on a boat.
The lipsticks here are perfectly suited to the theme if a bit predictable and boring. Lazy Day is the requisite blue-based pink that only the tannest among us can pull off. Beach Bound is a frosty peach shade that is great if you’re going for a nude lip look, especially if you pair it with the sparkly peach Flurry of Fun Lipglass also in this collection. The lipsticks come in orange tubes with white conch shells and the Lipglasses have orange caps emblazoned with seahorses.
Lustre Drops make a reappearance here from the Style Warrior collection. This is a multi-purpose liquid highlighter that helps you achieve a sun-kissed look. The golden bronze Sun Rush Lustre Drops are the perfect complement to a tan while the Pink Rebel Lustre Drops help give paler skin a fresh glow. Dot on with your fingers or blend into foundation or cream blush for a pearly glow. Scorcher Nail Lacquer could very well be one of the best Nail Lacquers MAC Cosmetics has ever released. It’s the perfect coral shade to paint on your toes for the beach but bright enough that you will want to confine its use only to the summertime.
The Marine Life High-Light Powder is a pressed powder highlighter that uses shades of pink, peach, bronze, and brown to transform the surface of the powder into a work of art depicting a seahorse swimming in the ocean. The design is so beautiful that you almost don’t want to use it but the powder gives such a nice glow that you don’t feel too bad about disturbing the scene.
Eyeshadow – $14.50 US/$17.50 CDN
* Firecraker – Frosted mid-tone red orange (Veluxe Pearl)
* Humid – Intense green with shimmer (Frost)
* Sand & Sun – Light peach (Matte)
* Sweet & Punchy – Bright yellow green (Veluxe Pearl)
* Shimmermoss – Green with green pearl (Veluxe Pearl)
Eye Kohl – $14.50 US/$17.50 CDN
* Float on By – Dark green turquoise
* Rosemary & Thyme – Mid-tone olive gold with shimmer
Lipstick – $14.00 US/$16.50 CDN
* Beachbound – Sheer frosted pale peach (Glaze)
* Lazy Day – Light dirty blue pink (Lustre)
* Thrills – Rosy copper with gold pearl (Frost)
* Funbathing – Mid-tone bronzed plum (Cremesheen)
Lipglass – $14.00 US/$16.50 CDN
* Easy Lounger – Light baby pink with multi-dimensional pear
* Flurry of Fun – Sheer sparkly peach
* Splashing – Mid-tone blue pink with soft gold pearl
Lip Pencil – $13.00 US/$15.50 CDN
* Life’s a Breeze – Soft pink
* Temperature Rising – Loudmouth orange
Powder Blush – $18.50 US/$22.00 CDN
* Get-Away Bronze – Mid-tone Suntan (Frost)
* Hipness – Intense coral with soft white pearl (Frost)
High-Light Powder – $26.00 US/$32.00 CDN
* Marine Life – Multicolour pressed powder
MAC Cream Bronzer – $25.00 US/$30.00 CDN
* Beach Bronze – Golden Glow with Soft Gold Finish
* Weekend – Mid-tone deep orange brown with soft pink pearl
Luster Drops – $18.50 US/$22.50 CDN
* Pink Rebel – Blue pink with gold pearl
* Sun Rush – Peachy bronze with gold pearl
Bronzing Powder – $22.00 US/$27.00 CDN
* Golden – Muted golden tan-beige with golden shimmer
* Refined Golden – Finely spun golden with soft pearl finish
Bronze Body Oil – $22.00 US/$27.00 CDN
* Glowing tan with multidimensional golden shimmer
Nail Lacquer – $12.00 US/$14.50 CDN
* In the Buff – Muted taupe avocado (Cream)
* Scorcher – Creamy bright coral red (Cream)
* MAC To The Beach Bag – $49.50 US/$59.50 CDN
Available at MAC Stores only.
Brush 130 – Short Duo Fibre – $38.00 US/$45.50 CDN
Brush 130 Short Duo Fibre Powder/Blush – $34.00 US/$41.00 CDN
You may also want to join our mailing list.
Tags: mac bronze body oil, mac bronzing powder, MAC Cosmetics Lipstick, mac cream bronzer, mac eye kohl, mac eyeshadow, mac highlight powder, mac lip pencil, mac lipglass, mac lustre drops, mac makeup brushes, mac nail lacquer, mac powder blush, mac to the beach bag