MAC & Mickey Contractor Collection
Release Date: January 6th, 2011
As M·A·C’s Director of Makeup Artistry for India, Mickey has mentored Artists around the world. This collection of his musts is about natural skin and total performance. Foundation, Concealer, goddess-gorgeous eye shades and his favorite brushes to star in your own Bollywood hit.
Mickey Contractor is the Director of Makeup Artistry for MAC Cosmetics in India. He is known for his exquisite eye and beautiful taste. Have you ever seen how beautiful the makeup is on the Bollywood movie stars? Mickey Contractor has been the makeup artist for many of the famous who can be seen in the Bollywood spotlight. MAC has teamed up with his genius to bring us the MAC & Mickey Contractor Collection.
Why is it if something is harder to get, I just want it more? Please tell me I am not alone in this. The MAC & Mickey Contractor collection is a limited in-store launch. At this point, it looks like only 22 of MAC’s top stores will be carrying the collection.
Some of the collection is a little bit disappointing to me in that there are a lot of repromotes. I am always more curious to see what MAC is coming out with that is new. It is okay to have one or two repromotes in a large collection, but I feel like this one has just a few too many. That being said, there is one repromote I am very excited for.
I love the Prep + Prime Finishing Powder. It gives the skin such a great glow with an overall finished look. I especially like to wear it on days when I don’t wear as much makeup. It can just give the clean, smooth, youthful look all over. I have seen several reviews that state it is not the best for someone with sensitive skin so that is definitely something to take into consideration if you think you might want this product.
The colors and eyeshadows have quite a bit of new material with some permanents intermixed. The eyeshadow quad does look like something I’d like to have in my makeup bag. The colors are the typical colors I would use, but you can tell that when used together, the four colors work really well to compliment one another.
Overall, I think the collection has a lot to offer, but I feel it lacking. I don’t even know what exactly I was hoping for, just more when it comes to the combined genius of Mickey Contractor and MAC. What catches your eye about this collection? Did you want more or is it just what you expected from the notorious Mickey Contractor and MAC?
Gulabi—Bright fuchsia (Amplified) (Limited Edition)
Mehr—Dirty blue pink (Matte) (Limited Edition)
Mocha—Peachy yellow-brown (Satin) (Permanent)
Yash—Deep neutral (Matte) (Limited Edition)
Flesh—Dirty nude brown (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Lust—Soft muted pink (Frost) (Permanent)
Marvel – Deep purple with soft pink pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Oomph – Forest green with soft gold pearl (Veluxe Pearl) (Limited Edition)
Rani – Bright fuchsia with soft pink pearl (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Saffron – Deep coral caramel (Satin) (Limited Edition)
Eyeshadow Quad – Athma
Carbon -Matte black (Matte) (Permanent)
Folie -Reddish-plum brown (Satin) (Permanent)
Jaan – Light neutral with soft gold pearl (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
Vivah – Brown with gold pearl (Lustre) (Limited Edition)
Ivy – Bright green (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Siahi – Deep turquoise blue (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Gana—Bright white gold (Frost) (Limited Edition)
Sur—Dirty rose brown (Satin) (Limited Edition)
NC41 (Limited Edition)
NC43.5 (Limited Edition)
NC44.5 (Limited Edition)
NC23 (Limited Edition)
NC43 (Limited Edition)
NC44 (Limited Edition)
NC45.5 (Limited Edition)
Moisturecover Double-End Concealer
Coral Corrector/Yellow Corrector (Limited Edition)
Prep+Prime Transparent Finishing Powder (Permanent)
116 Blush Brush (Permanent)
219 Pencil Brush (Permanent)
239 Eye Shader (Permanent)
MAC: Hello Kitty Collection
Release date: February 10, 2009
Hello Kitty Mild, meet Hello Kitty Wild! Sweet and innocent or out on the prowl: when she’s good, she’s very good, but when she’s bad, she’s unmistakably M·A·C! The icon adored by millions around the world is causing a commotion with our special, limited-edition collection of colour, finishes, glitter and shine, and a fanciful the range of exclusive, It-Kitty accessories: The season’s most sought-after collectibles!
The ultra-luxe way to be pampered and playful! Announcing our limited-edition, glittering Swarovski crystal compacts, the collection privé of Kitty Kouture world. The ultimate in exclusivity, a sophisticated client’s social status is all but assured!
MAC Cosmetics has teamed up with Sanrio to make the new Hello Kitty collections. The icon known worldwide will now grace MAC counters starting February 10th, 2009. (I can’t wait, I can’t wait, I can’t wait!!) Whether you are in the mood to be playful, or in the mood to indulge your naughtier side, this collection has something for everyone.
The collection is quite large and offers two sides. Mild Kitty (aka the Hello Kitty Collection) and Wild Kitty (aka the Hello Kitty Kouture Collection) are what they have been affectionately named. I love it. Who doesn’t have the urge to cuddle up and be soft and sweet from time to time, while still having it in them to really go wild while out on the prowl?
There is so much that this collection has to offer. The Kitty Kouture collection is a higher-end collection. The prices are higher, but the glamour has been kicked up a notch as well. Dazzleglass and Sheer Mystery Powder are both offered in this collection in different shades. For the everyday user who prefers something a little simpler, the Hello Kitty Color collection has it all. It offers colors ranging from pinks and lavenders to turquoises and greens.
While I would usually consider myself more of a Hello Kitty mild kind of girl, the Kitty wild definitely merits a closer look. The packaging alone is just so fantastic. It’s complete with jewels, bright colors, and the Hello Kitty icon… very flashy! There are also plenty of Hello Kitty accessories offered, some of which are only available at maccosmetics.com. For full details on the collection, read on.
Lipstick (all LE)
• Big Bow – Sheer bright intense blue pink
• Cutester – Sheer peachy pink with pearl
• Fashion Mews – Sheer pale lavender
• Fresh Brew – Creamed coffee (Lustre) (A permanent color in the LE Hello Kitty packaging)
• Most Popular – Sheer deep berry
• Strayin’ – Frosty mid-tone mint
Lipglass (all LE)
• Fast Friends – Sheer bright intense purple with pearl
• Mimmy – Light creamy pink with pink and gold pearl
• Nice Kitty – Sheer neon pink with blue pearl
• Nice to Be Nice – Sheer bright intense orange with pearl
• She Loves Candy – Pale blue pink with gold pearl
• Sweet Strawberry – Sheer berry with blue pearl
Tinted Lip Conditioners (LE)
• Pink Fish – Soft neutral pink
• Popster – Lively coral pink
Eye Shadow Palettes X 4 (LE)
Lucky Tom Palette
• Creme Royal – Yellow wheat gold (VP) (LE) (Repromote from Antiquitease Royal Assets: Metallic Palette
• Lucky Tom – Dark chocolate brown with gold pearl (LE)
• Paradisco – Soft bright pinky-coral with golden shimmer (Frost)(Permanent)
• Stylin’ – Mid-tone violet pearl with multi-dimensional pearl(LE)
Too Dolly Palette
• Romping (LE) – Rich magenta with pink pearlized pigments (Frost) (Repromote from C-Shock)
• Stately Black – Rich blue with silver sparkle (L) (LE) (Repromote from Antiquitease Royal Assets: Metallic Palette
• Too Dolly – Frosty mid-tone mint (LE)
• Yogurt – Soft pale pink (Matte) (Permanent)
• Deep Blue Green – Rich, deep bluish green (Pearl) (Pro repromote)
• Milk – Frosty pale silvery pink (LE)
• Reflects Blue – Sparkling blue (Pro repromote)
• Reflects Very Pink – Sparkling fuschia pink (Pro repromote)
Glitter Eye Liner (LE)
• Girl Groove – Clear/white teal reflects with multi-dimensional glitter
• Glitterpuss – Orangey bronze with multi-dimensional glitter
• Her Glitz – Blackended gold with multi-dimensional glitter
• Kitty Power – Pink with multi-dimensional glitter
Beauty Powder Blush (LE)
• Fun & Games – Soft orange peach
• Tippy – Mid-tone blue pink
Beauty Powdermac (LE)
• Pretty Baby – Soft sunny pink with gold (Repromote from Icon: Diana Ross)
• Tahitian Sand – Soft coral peach (Repromote from Icon: Catherine Deneuve)
Nail Lacquer (LE)
• On the Prowl – Light creamy gray
• Something About Pink – Pale pink fuschia
• Vestral White – Creamy White (Repromote from Antiquitease)
• Hello Kitty Lash: Half lash with overlapping hairs to emphasize outer cat eye.
• Plushlash in ‘Plushblack’ – Black
Hello Kitty Accessories
HK Soft Vanity Case (Traincase) (LE) – $55.00USD (Available at maccosmetics.com) – Large, soft traincase with zip closure. Black, pink and white vinyl fabric.
HK Tote (LE) – $45.00USD (Available at maccosmetics.com) – Rectangular tote bag with collaboration inspired graphics and logo.
HK Makeup Bags (LE) (Available at all counters, MAC stores and maccosmetics.com)
• Petite Makeup Bag – $22.00USD
• Medium Makeup Bag – $35.00USD
HK Brush collection (LE) $49.50USD (Available at MAC stores, Nordstrom and maccosmetics.com) – Plastic cup in the shape of Hello Kitty’s face, which holds three brushes:
• #187SE Duo Fibre Brush – A flat-topped, full circular brush used for lightweight application and blending of any formula color – fluid, cream, powder or pigment. Ideal for creating soft layers or adding textures. Made from a soft blend of goat and synthetic fibers.
• #109SE Small Contour Brush – Use on the face to apply, blend or contour powder products. Softly rounded dome tip delivers just enough color and smoothly blends color into the face. Made out of natural fibers.
• #239SE Eye Shader Brush – Soft and dense to shade or blend eye shadow or emollient-based products. This brush has a tapered, rounded edge with smooth, firm, fine fibers. It can be used to build intense color on the eyelid.
Purse Mirror (LE) – $22.00USD (Available at maccosmetics.com)
• Mirrored compact. The inside contains a regular mirror on one side and a magnifying mirror on the other side.
HK Plush Doll (LE) – $42.00USD (Available at MAC stores, Nordstrom and maccosmetics.com)
• 14″ Plush doll in white, pink and black nylon.
Beaded Bracelet (LE) – $34.00USD (Available at maccosmetics.com)
• Black beaded bracelet with three charms.
Mirrored Key Clip (LE) – $16.00USD (Available at maccosmetics.com)
• Bag zipper clip or keychain with two charms and mirror.
Kitty Kouture Collection
Available at MAC stores and maccosmetics.com only
Dazzleglass (LE) $28.00 USD
• Kitty Kouture – Sheer pale pink with red and gold pearl
• Dazzlepuss – Sheer bright pink with red and blue pearl
Sheer Mystery Powder (LE) – $90.00USD
• Light medium pale ivory
• Medium plus tan beige
• Dark secret deep caramel
MAC: Charming Garnet Collection
November 26, 2008
MAC’s new collection Charming Garnet: Glamour Basics is a definite must-have this holiday season. The collection starts out with a wallet sized makeup bag that zips around to close. It is wine colored decorated with two reddish-orange stripes. As if the bag isn’t cute enough, it’s the goodies in the bag that have me all excited. It includes an iridescent powder in Belighful and a Slimshine lipcolour in Bare. The pressed face powder will highlight the skin subtly. It can be used with a foundation or even on its own. You can even mix it with moisturizers or foundations to give them an iridescent look. How cool is that? Both of these items are regular sized, which alone would make this collection a great deal. But it includes more.
Charming Garnet also comes with a mini Zoom Lash Mascara in Zoomblack and an 181SE Mini Buffer Brush. Even though the Buffer Brush is a smaller version of the regular sized brush, I think it will work just as well and it will also be easy to take with you for touch ups. The Buffer Brush has received rave reviews from so many people so I can’t wait to try it out. Usually, the regular sized buffer brush is $30 and since the whole collection is priced at $40, so it’s a great deal.
This is a MAC store exclusive so you’ll have to buy it online or go to your nearest MAC store to find it. The collection includes the following products:
• Iridescent Pressed Powder in ‘Belightful’: Gilded Peach Bronze
• Slimshine Lipstick in ‘Bare’: Light neutral pink with subtle gold pearl (Frost)
• Zoomlash Mascara in ‘Zoomblack’ (Promotional size)
• #181SE – Mini Buffer Brush – Compact-sized buffer brush with a dome-shaped, natural bristle head. Feels luxuriously soft on the skin. Deposits blush, flawlessly blends to provide a soft, even distribution of colour. (This is not a permanent brush)
MAC: Enchanting Vermillion Collection
November 27, 2008
MAC’s newest collection, Enchanting Vermillion is being released just in time for the upcoming huge shopping weekend! The collection includes 5 basic brushes necessary for everyday makeup application. THANK YOU MAC for always providing us with fantastic makeup application brushes. Have you ever tried to apply your makeup with a low quality brush? I have, and it’s not something I ever want to experience again. A good makeup brush is the key to proper application and a fantastic looking finish.
The five brushes come in a medium-sized red-orange canister with wine satin stripes. The professional brushes will stand out from others with their red gloss handles complete with black M?A?C logo. I have to admit, the look of these brushes is simply sharp. I am especially excited about brush #266 one of MAC’s Small Angle Brushes. This brush will be perfect for when I want to use my eye shadow as an eye liner. It will help me create the distinct line as thin or thick as I want to. I do love a good brush.
This chic little kit is a Nordstrom exclusive and is priced at $40.
Enchanting Vermillion: 5 Basic Brush Set contains:
• #129SE – Powder/Blush Brush: All-purpose for blush or face powder. This brush is particularly good for blush application.
• #219SE – Pencil Brush: For precision shading on lid, in eye crease or along lash line. The soft, smooth fibers of this brush are gathered into a pencil-shaped tip. It is ideal for blending eyeliner into eye shadow to create a smoky looking eye
• #239SE – Eye Shading Brush: Soft and dense to shade or blend eye shadow or emollient-based products. This brush has a tapered, rounded edge with smooth, firm, fine fibers. It can be used to build intense colour on the eyelid
• #266SE – Small Angle Brush: For creating sharp, precise lines. This brush has fibers which are carefully arranged to form a perfect angle
• #316SE – Lip Brush (Covered): For controlled lipstick or eye liner application and comes with a metal cover. This brush has small, flat, firm fibers and a tapered tip.
MAC: Authentics Collection
December 26, 2007
Well, everyone has been chatting about this upcoming collection, which is due to be released this month! Unlike the rest of MAC December collections, this one will be a Macy’s exclusive. So, once you’ve checked out MAC’s Sculpt & Shape, Moisturelush and Originals collections (which also release on the 26th), head on over to Macy’s to check out Authentics as well!
Here are products that may be part of the collection so far! :)
Blackberry – Muted burgundy-plum brown
Moss Spot – Yellow olive green
Total Bliss – Neutral beige w/pink and white pearlized pigments
Uniquely You – Deep coral w/gold pearlized pigments
MAC: Keepsake Collection
October 25, 2007
Nordstrom and The Bay exclusive
The collection includes:
Clutch (in a cream tweed) containing:
Pigment in Shimmertime – Soft baby pink (repromote: She Shines ’06) [Promo Size]
Powder Blush in Sunbasque – Gilded peach with pearl (Sheertone shimmer) [Full Size]
Lipglass in Glamoursun – Sun-beige with pink pearl (frost) (repromote: Sundressing ’06) [Full Size]
Soft Sparkle Eye Pencil in Night Sky – True black with silver pearlized pigments (repromote: Sweetie Cake ’06, Balloonacy ’07) [Promo Size]
MAC: Novel Twist Collection
July 20th, 2007
MAC’s releases a Nordstrom Exclusive collection every year for the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. This year, it’s the MAC Novel Twist collection! Novel Twist features adorable mini boucle makeup bags, and custom product casing all featuring light pink or baby blue “yarn” twisting around the bags and compacts. The colors in this collection are fresh and fun, and only available at Nordstrom!
Gadabout – Mid-tone yellow pink with white pearl (frost)
Spree – Pink champagned taupe (cream)
Springly – Freshwater oyster pink (frost)
Wander – Sheer chocolate brown (cream)
Stray Grey – Grey mauve (cream)
Painterly – Nude beige (cream)
Delft – Deep teal with gold pearl (frost)
Stringalong – Warm mid-tone brown (cream)
Artifact – Dark burgundy with red pearl (frost)
Indianwood – Metallic antique bronze (frost)
Out of Bounds – Neutral mid-tone brown (satin)
Whim – Bluish soiree pink (satin)
Softdew – Neutral brown rose
Sun Twist – Warm peach
- Pearlizer plus brush and bag
- Basic Brushes
Release Date: July 2003 (Nordstrom/The Bay Exclusive)
#129SE, #242SE, ##266SE, #224SE, #316SE
Pink – Fairy Flirt, Berry Rush, Vintage Violet, High Strung, Lovelorn, Syrup, #316SE
Coral – Baby Beige, Lovestruck, Ginger Brew, Plastique, See-Sheer, Paramount, #316SE
Pink – Seedy Pearl, Sweet Lust, Hush-a-Plum, Trax, Smut, Overnight, #213SE
Neutral – Shroom, Kid, Cowgirl, Amber Lights, Modesty, Greensmoke, #213SE
Courting Rose – Glittery pink
Snowgirl – Glittery white
Suave Mauve – Glittery mauve
Pinky Wink – Pink-gold with iridescent glitter
Shimmerline – Lavender with iridescent glitter
Sparkle-ize – Clear with iridescent glitter
Pink Opal – White flashing pink
Violet – Pure rich violet
Girly Pink – Pink pearl loaded with fine glitter
Rose Hot – Violet pearl loaded with fine glitter
Shiver Blue – Blue pearl loaded with fine glitter