Release Date: January 7th, 2010
MAC in Lillyland is a Lilly Pulitzer inspired collection that features bright, bold colors reminiscent of the shades you might see on Florida socialites. The timing of this release is either odd or genius depending on how you look at it. Most of the colors scream “spring”, but then again, thoughts of spring are very uplifting in the middle of a dreary winter. These fun colors are a great way to combat the winter blues and will still get plenty of use come spring and summer.
The Pearlmatte Face Powder is one of the more interesting offerings in Lillyland. This pressed powder features a floral design with four colors that can be used alone or blended together to give a soft bronze look. It gives your skin a faint pearlish sheen without being over-the-top glimmery. The Pearlmatte Eye Shadow follows a similar concept, with separate shades of white, pink, and green in a pretty flower design that can be swirled together for a soft pearl finish or used separately. The four Lip Gelees in this collection are enhanced with pearlized glitter. The glitter can be appear prominent with a heavy application but a lighter hand can give a soft pearl finish. The glitter isn’t big or heavy enough to feel gritty on your lips. Lush & Bright is a peachy pink color that is very pigmented as far as Lipgelees go. It’s a bright coral with pink shimmer that is perfect for layering over some of your more boring shades of lipstick to help brighten them.
Cremeblend blushes are soft, creamy blushes that are perfect for drier skin. They are very easy to blend so don’t shy away from them if you’ve never used cream blush before. So Sweet, So Easy is a very muted baby pink that is perfect for very pale skin tones but way too soft to be noticeable on those with darker skin. The Joie-de-Vivre blush is perhaps the best item in the entire collection- a coral color that would look great on anyone and lends a natural flush to the cheeks.
All in all, MAC in Lillyland is a well-rounded collection that can be worn in any season so it’s definitely worth checking out.
Lipgelee ($14.00 US/$16.50 CDN)
* Lush & Bright – Bright pink yellow-coral with pink pearl (LE)
* Preppy – Blue-pink with pink pearl (LE)
* Resort Life – Off-white with pink pearl (LE)
* Shift to Pink – Light violet with silver pearl (LE)
Paint Pot ($16.50 US/$19.00 CDN)
* Bare Study – Soft beige with gold pearl (Frost) (Permanent)
* Fresco Rose – Pink with matching pearl (Frost) (Permanent)
* Rubenesque – Golden peach with gold pearl (Frost) (Permanent)
Technakohl Liner ($14.50 US/$17.00 CDN)
* Graphblack – Rich graphic black (Permanent)
* Purple Dash – Intense aubergine (Permanent)
Pearlmatte Eyeshadow ($19.50 US/$25.50 CDN)
* White, Green and Pink – Three shades in a flower pattern (LE)
Pearlmatte Face Powder ($27.50 US/$32.50 CDN)
* Neutrals – Four shades in a flower pattern (LE)
Cremeblend Blush ($18.50 U.S. / $22.00 CDN)
* Florida – Bright fuchsia (LE)
* Joie-de-Vivre – Peachy coral (LE)
* Optimistic – Orange Bright coral (LE)
* So Sweet, So Easy – Light yellow pink (LE)
Nail Lacquer ($12.00 US/$15.50 CDN)
* Coconut Ice – Light yellow peach pink (Cream) (LE)
* Steamy – Hot ‘n Steamy pink (Cream) (Permanent)
* 168 (Permanent)
* 239 (Permanent)